Century-Link Law Office is home to a professional team with a strong track record of accomplishment in settling various business disputes. We are committed to having an in-depth knowledge of the realistic situation and customer requirements regarding disputes, assisting our clients to analyze potential risks and development trend of various kinds of disputes and exploring multiple channels and the best solutions to settle disputes. Our team provides specialized legal services to financial institutions, multinational corporations and other economic entities, including dispute analysis and assessment, risk control, negotiation and consultation and advocacy. We’ve also been involved in multinational business dispute settlement and negotiations, evidence gathering and appearing in court as representative. Our clients include more than 100 enterprises from different industries and with different scales, such as Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Development Bank, Guangdong Development Bank, Motorola Inc, Siemens, Huarong Asset Management, Cinda Asset Management Corporation, China International Engineering Consulting Corporation, Beijing All Media and Culture Group, Hongri Fertilizer Corporation. Our professional expertise and capability in business dispute-related risk control and in representing in litigation and arbitration have helped our clients save billions of Yuan in losses.
The first and foremost thing our clients face in business disputes is how to evaluate the situation realistically and the potential risks, which is similar to when you are ill and you need to evaluate the severity of your illness and how it affects you. Our firm stays committed to assisting our clients in investigating the situation for various parties involved in the disputes, examine the evidence and analyze the causes for disputes. The analysis and assessment technologies developed by our firm and our operational experiences can provide our clients with timely, objective, independent and all-round dispute diagnose and analysis report. We assist our clients understand the nature and possible impact of disputes to clarify their interests and objectives in different business dispute cases.
When business disputes are in critical conditions, the role of our team is similar to that of a rescue team in face of natural disasters. Our team has extensive experience in settling business disputes and has effective crisis management methodologies. The firm has served several times as the legal advisor to the People’s Bank of China to handle relevant works and large-scale debt crisis as well as asset liquidation. It has acted on behalf of banks and enterprises to take timely and resolute measures to save effective assets and avoid spreading the loss when their trade partners are in the grip of huge debt crisis. We also assist many Chinese businesses to lodge claims for the First Iraq War and preserved evidence in time in multinational business claims. Our experiences demonstrate that assisting clients to handle business dispute crisis is likely to make them stay calm in the hour of peril and finally turn the corner.
Arbitration & Litigation
Our experience has shown that representing various clients in litigation and arbitration cases is a long-existing operation in the law industry, but such cases are a challenge for our clients and some cases often have vital implications for the involved enterprises or products. Our lawyers firstly assist our clients to identify the general objectives in the litigation or arbitration case and all will center their efforts on meeting these objectives. We also have experience and expertise in representing various clients in difficult cases that have major influence both locally and abroad in terms of investment-related disputes, contract-related disputes, financial debt settlement, infringement-related disputes and labor arbitration.
- Our lawyers served as the advisors to the working team of the People’s Bank of China and represented the China Trust and Investment Company, China Agricultural Trust and Investment Corporation and Zhongchuang Trust and Investment Corporation in dispute cases related to deposit, financing, guarantee, entrustment, securities and real estate. Our clients in many cases lost their grounds due to incomplete source files or causes in fulfilling their contracts at the beginning, but we assisted obtain effective evidence supporting our clients through active and careful investigations, which safeguard their interests;
- Our firm has represented MOTOROLA (China) Investment Corp to handle its various litigation and arbitration cases in China. These cases include disputes in investment, product quality guarantee, supply contract, real estate sale and transfer as well as leases, labor relations, among others. Our Law Office always try to find best solutions for our clients through full communications and comprehensively leveraged on various dispute settlement approaches to reduce their costs and increase its proceeds;
- Our Law Office served as the attorney for the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Export-Import Bank of China, Guangdong Development Bank and China Export-Import Insurance Company to provide legal services in credit contract validity, responsibilities of guarantor, mortgage assets disposal, letter of credit responsibilities and judicial preservation and litigation, among others;
- The claims of non-Iraqi individuals and companies against the Gulf War facilitated by the United Nations became the largest war claims. A large number of Chinese companies engaged in contracting and infrastructure construction projects in Iraq before the war, thus their claims were mainly concentrated in losses in infrastructure construction. Since 1995, our Law Office has represented enterprises such as China State Construction Engineering Corporation, China Overseas Engineering Corporation, China Metallurgical Group Corporation, China Road and Bridge Group, China National Chemicals Import and Export Corporation, Shanghai Oriental International Group, Tianjin Metals and Minerals Import and Export Group, Guangdong Silk Import and Export Corporation to lodge claims against the Gulf War to the United Nations. This involved complex calculation of infrastructure construction losses and international legal standards, but our lawyers successfully won the claims for all such Chinese enterprises;
- Our Law Office has, on many occasions, represented foreign investors in various kinds of litigation and arbitration cases in China. Our clients include South Silver Group, Korean LG Group, Malaysian Lion Group, SIEMENS, Hong Kong Lang Yu Trading Limited, Swedish Automobile, among other foreign investment companies in dispute cases involving investment interests, trade dispute, administrative litigation, and debt and infringement disputes and so on. Our lawyers focused on communicating with foreign clients, including those from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau, facilitating them to understand fully the precautions in litigation or arbitration in Mainland China in order to mitigate litigation risks as a result of different national conditions and legal system.